Thursday, November 12, 2009

Women's Facial Hair- the Laser Hair Removal Solution

Women’s Excessive Facial Hair Growth - there’s no need to suffer!

Excessive facial or body hair in women is a condition called hirsutism. Hirsutism either runs in the family, usually presenting at menopause and puberty, or it can be an indicator of a larger underlying problem. Research indicates that up to 10-12% of the Australian female population is affected by Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which can be linked to excessive hair growth and hirsutism.

Hereditary hirsutism is largely an aesthetic rather than a health concern. When not hereditary it is most likely the result of excessive male hormone production (adrenal virilism), or an increased sensitivity of the hair follicle to normal male hormone levels. It is important to both a woman's health and her self-con dence to have this condition diagnosed by a doctor. Hirsutism and any hormone imbalance that may underlie this condition can be treated. Excessive facial and/or body hair can be managed. Electrolysis is one means of managing excess hair but this can be painful, slow and very costly requiring many visits as only one follicle at a time is usually treated by sending an electrical pulse down the hair shaft.

Laser hair removal (as distinct from the much less effective IPL) is a much more manageable maintenance procedure as it treats a larger number of follicles at a time, is more comfortable than electrolysis and provides fast effective treatments. Hormonal hair growth via Laser Hair Removal therapy is efficient and manageable but not always a permanent solution as it is likely that hormonal hair regrowth may occur although usually at a much slower rate and usually much thinner than before, so hirsutism sufferers should be wary of claims by any service provider that they will achieve a permanent solution.

A woman might consider bleaching her facial hair, which makes it less visible alternatively regularly waxing can also assist. All of these methods should be used as means to treating the symptom, but any woman with progressing hirsutism should consult a doctor for a diagnosis in order not to compromise her health, or her self-confidence.

Nad’s Laser Hair Removal Clinic treats a number of hirsutism sufferer’s however warns that when it comes to facial hair, clients need to carefully select their treatment provider as Nad’s Clinics see a large number of clients that have been treated by inexperienced IPL and Laser Clinics. Inappropriate treatment can result in additional hair growth to facial or hormonal areas. Nad’s Laser Hair Removal Clinic warns that ONLY the affected areas should be treated by highly skilled therapists that have a sound understanding and many years experience in dealing with skin as inappropriate treatments may result in adverse side effects.. Additionally, certain medications are photosensitive and can result in an adverse affect if a pre treatment Consultation is not accurately conducted by skilled Therapists. For more information on laser hair removal visit www.nadsclinic.com.au



November 13, 2009
By Nads Laser Hair Removal Clinic

Hair Removal

6 comments:

  1. Good post! My fair is so laser, somebody says the reason is maybe my bad cell phone cases to my raliation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if these techniques will work for a man with a lot of back hair? I always seem to have to get out a weed wacker to cut it. I also found a great article at: Hair Removal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I've always wanted to try this! Thanks for the info on facial hair removal!!

    Jenn
    Quilling

    ReplyDelete
  4. This information will be useful to me and thanks a lot for it.And it's very wonderful.



    Promotional Codes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let us all face it. We have all thought about getting some plastic surgery on (at least) one part of our body, (at least) once in our lives. We have all dreamed about getting the perfect look, complete with a svelte figure, porcelain skin, and the right proportions. Now, if you decide to actually get some plastic surgery, make sure you get the procedures done with the help of some of the best in the industry, like Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I first had symptoms when i was 17 and was told that i had PCOS (thin people type PCOS) and was officially diagnosed at 22 ans now i am 35. I have always had regular periods and unless on birth control pills were they irregular at times and I had a hard time getting pregnant because of the absent periods. I was always told by doctors that I would have a hard time conceiving so I would only go on the pill periodically which i did for more than 4 years, not for protection against getting pregnant, but just to get a period (since I was told it's not healthy to have less than 4 or so periods a year). Last time I went on a 3 month birth control pill and then stopped again because the medicine was not curing my pcos nor making me get pregnant. I went in search for a cure and ended up with so many drugs, medicine and even soaps that didn't work. I actually thought at a point that i was cursed that there is no cure for it, i was prepared to live like that till i read a testimony of a patient who suffered from pcos whose case was even worse than mine and how she was cured completely, I was amazed and at thesame time anxious and curious so i had to contact the doctor with the contact details that she left on the note. The doctor gave me so much hope and confidence with her kind words of encouragement to believe in myself and i was lifted because no one has ever given me hope like that before. I ordered the medicine, took it for 8 weeks and to my complete surprise, all the facial hairs, weight gain and all disappeared within 4 weeks and I ended up getting pregnant within a few weeks of completing the treatment! I was in shock. I think the main reasons it happened was that I never gave up and was ready to try alternative treatment so my body was back to normal. Before now i never enjoyed sex because it was very painful but now i do and my husband is the best thing that ever happened to me.. I hope this inspires some of you because I never in a million years would have thought that I would get pregnant and was getting frustrated and now our baby is due next month! You too can reach her on [aletedwin@gmail.com] for more information, advise and also how to place an order for yours.

    ReplyDelete